WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST SKYDIVE
• 1. CHECK-INWhen you arrive at Skydive Pura Vida, you’ll complete your waivers.
• 2. GEAR UP & TRAININGOur tandem instructor's train their own students personally. The instructor will review exit procedures, free fall body position and landing position. He will also provide some insider tips such as how to look awesome for your video and pictures, various relaxation techniques, and adjustments for maximizing comfort. Finally, your instructor's will fit and adjust your tandem skydive harness.
• 3. AIRPLANE FLIGHTYou’ll fly in the aircraft for about 15 – 20 minutes. We mostly fly over the gorgeous coastline and sometimes near the Monte Verde mountain range. When we get about half way up, your instructor will make final adjustments, safety check your harness and connect your harness for skydiving. At that point, there is time for a quick refresher on the training, fitting the goggles and moving toward the exit door.
4. FREEFALLAfter exiting the airplane, you’ll be in freefall for about 30 seconds. Tandem instructor will open the parachute at about 4000 feet above the ground.
• 5. PARACHUTE FLIGHTFor some people the parachute ride can be the most enjoyable part of the entire experience. The parachutes have a remarkable degree of controllability with the option of inducing high speed and high g-force turns, or to simply live in the moment by floating around and soaking up the view. If weather and traffic conditions allow, we’ll even hand over the controls and let you fly the parachute.
• 6. POST JUMPAfter your jump, you’ll return to the hangar and remove your gear. You will wait in our comfortable lounge area for your video to be downloaded. Please remember to bring a USB Flash Drive or SD card with a minimum of 4GB of space to bring your video home with. Congratulations!
Welcome to our skydive family!